Message from G.Viswanath

Dear Members of the SWAB

                    Many thanks for the invitation for the SWAB awards.

                    I wish I was able to fulfill a long-pending visit to what is famously known as the garden city, a place that has built a reputation for producing fine cricketers on and off the field and genuine sportspersons like Arvind Savur, Prakash Padukone, Pankaj Advani just to name a few.

                    I am sure the members of the SWAB, past and present --- including my former colleague P R Viswanathan, would be looking forward to the event, which I understand a large number of the sports fraternity has made it a point to grace and make it very memorable.

                   Best wishes from me representing the Sports Jounalists Federation of India and the Sports Journalists Association of Mumbai.

                   I will not forget the SWAB's contribution that went towards the medical expenses of Pradeep Vijayakar.

                  Have a wonderful awards function which not only bring happiness to the winners, but also to the committee that has chosen the sportspersons for the awards.

                  I close this small message by congratulating the SWAB, Garud in particular for creating team-bonding opportunities for the members.

Good luck and best

G.Viswanath

President
Sports Jounalists Federation of India